Anxiety and depression are the worst. They got the better of me by a long shot and I’ve been neglecting a lot of things, especially my blog. It is a new year and I did manage to get in a post before the Chinese New Year, so I’m calling it a win.
I’ve never really done the big new year resolution thing, but I want to try a few simple goals for this year. I’m hoping that putting it down in writing may help push me to work harder to achieve things this year.
First of in my personal life is a new job. I get so overwhelmed by the job search and not finding what I want, even though I don’t really know what that is. At this point I just need to pick something to pay the bills. However, if you’re reading this and you know me and like my work feel free to send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me on Facebook to request a custom crochet job. I’m pretty willing to try to work with requests. I’ve also become pretty good at corner to corner crochet, so I can make blankets/scarves with pixilated images which are really fun.
Moving on from that personal train wreck that I struggle to think about…
- Learn at least 5 new stitches this year.
- Make baby blanket(s) for my newest nibling.
- Actually use some of the knit looms I have! I’ve tested one out, but need to make better use of them.
- Yarn Jar! I follow @KnotAnotherProject on Instagram, and loved her idea to collect all of your project ends in a jar for the year. I’ve already started and I’m excited to see the colors of all my projects together at the end of the year.
- Make use of my Happy Planner and incorporate bullet journal ideas. (I can’t seem to keep a bullet journal, so this is my happy medium)
- Try not to fall behind on my line a day journal, but if I do fill it in with fun doodles so that each day still has something fun.
- Get out of my comfort zone (aka rut) and do more so that I have more fun filling in my list a day journal.
- Finish my Wreck This Journal: Now In Color! and start my Harry Potter themed Wreck This Journal.
- READ! Books, comics, web comics, ANYTHING. I haven’t been doing this enough and I miss being a person who read all the time. I’ve recently become obsessed with a few web comics, so I’m hoping that the weekly updates will get me in the habit of reading more again. (I ended up downloading the Webtoon app and I’m completely in love with Lore Olympus and Let’s Play)
- PLAY! I am not a gamer, but one of my besties is and I’m going to have her show me how. So many of my friends adore video games and I really want to be able to contribute something beyond “oh, that sounds cool,” when they talk about their faves. We may end up streaming, so if it becomes a thing I’ll definitely post about it.
- LISTEN! Podcasts are awesome and wonderful and lovely… and I never take the time to listen to them. I have a major list of recommended ones that I need to start on, especially now that a couple of my friends started their own pod cast. It is #1 on my list: Two Rambling Sisters, and they just added it to Google Play so I have no excuse not to get listening.
- SHARE! I am a major fan girl about a lot of things, but never think to share it. I’m hoping to start reviewing things (like books and podcasts) to share my interests and support the works I love.
Final goal: write posts for this blog. I didn’t do a great job last year, but I’m going to make more of an effort this year. On the plus I already started a few projects this year and gave a few of the gifts that I’ve been holding off sharing.
Thanks for bearing with my absolute lack of blogging and I will have lots of updates coming soon. Happy 2019!